This year marks the 23rd Brenda Tibbetts-Lund Memorial Campaign in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. Given the impact that COVID has made on the World, and to adhere to the regulations of safety measures, the Lions Club of Tropical Gardens and Cayman Brac launches a month-long Step Challenge entitled “Brenda Tibbetts-Lund Memorial Month-Long Step Challenge.”
Registration and Rules
Registration opens 1st September at 12:00 am and closes 23rd October at 11:59 pm. Registrations will be done exclusively on Cayman Active for only $15. Upon registering, Cayman Active will provide all the details on tracking your Steps.
A group challenge is also being promoted. The prize – a Corporate Gold Cup inscribed with the Group’s Name. To register as a group, there should be at least 10 participants. The average steps for the group will be calculated. Groups of 10 or more get 1 free registration
The rules: Groups should have one fixed name and registration paid for each participant. The Highest Average Step of the group will be calculated.
Your donation will help the Lions Club of Tropical Gardens provide Breast examinations and support to survivors in the community.
The first 300 registrants will receive a Fitness Tracker. These will be distributed weekly by the Lions Club of Tropical Gardens 255 Shedden Road (next to Mango Tree Restaurant) George Town Grand Cayman; and by a member of the Lions Club of Cayman Brac.
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Medals will be awarded to individuals with the Highest Average Steps.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- So make sure to provide the correct email address when you register.
- The total steps will be lauded via Media.
- Remember to send in your photos so that we can spread your cheer and participation on a daily, weekly, fortnightly basis until the end.
- The public will be given the opportunity to vote on the best group and individual photograph. The winner will qualify for a free gift.