Getting checked early can help you stop diseases like
Screening tests can spot illnesses even before you have symptoms. Which screening tests you need depends on
- your age
- family history
- your own health history
- and other risk factors (e.g. where you live)
Screenings may be recommended for:
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- High Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol Levels
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Colorectal Cancer
Ask Your Doctor About Screenings
- It’s good health sense to talk with your doctor about screening tests.
- Some tests, such as a Pap test or breast exam, should be a routine part of every woman’s health care.
- Other tests might be necessary based on your risk factors.
- Proper screening won’t always prevent a disease, but it can often find a disease early enough to give you the best chance of overcoming it.